Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Destiny Children are Grown -- Michelle Gives the Peace Sign to Mathew Knowles and Music World




After a decade of being down with the Beyonce reign, Michelle Williams has finally parted ways with Music World Entertainment and of course, manager Mathew Knowles.  Her publicist Simone Smalls sent over this official statement from Michelle:
“After much prayer and consideration I have decided to part ways from my management team, Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment. From my time in Destiny’s Child to my solo career, I am grateful for everything Mathew and his team has done for me. We’ve shared great success together. However, as I move in a new direction in my career, I felt it was time. I wish Mathew Knowles and the Music World Entertainment family all the best.”
This departure comes after Kelly Rowland's almost a year ago, thus leaving Beyonce as the sole member from Destiny’s Child still retaining Mathew and MWE as management.  I'm just wondering what took this girl so long.  I'm definitely not a fan, but I mean damn.  Homegirl puts out an album and no one knows.  I never see her doing an L'Oreal commercials or huge television specials.  No Empirio Armani commercials for yoooou.  No one even promotes this chick.  It's clear that in order for Kelly and Michelle to have successful careers, they needed an unbias manager who won't loose focus on their dreams just to concentrate on his daughters.  I'm sure Mathew won't even realize the girl is gone!
But you can catch Michelle on Broadway as Roxie Hart in the hit musical musical CHICAGO for seven weeks: Monday, February 8, 2010 through Sunday, March 28, 2010 at the Ambassador Theatre.


*Cue Destiny's Child's Independent Women track*












No comments:

Post a Comment