Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Because A Lot of You Are Damn Sick of Her -- Beyonce Goes on BREAK






These past few years have been Beyonce overload, and many wonder when this chick is finally going to sit down and just live (and even more of you are awaiting her and Hov's babies...FAT CHANCE!)  Well the superstar power that is Beyonce has confirmed she is going on a break for the next 6 months. Well, not just yet.  She still has her Grammy performance at the end of the month, a few photo shoots, and the South American leg of her “I Am…” tour. But a break is coming!


She tells USA Today:
“It’s definitely time to take a break, to recharge my batteries,” says Beyoncé, 28. “I’d like to take about six months and not go into the studio. I need to just live life, to be inspired by things again.”
On her 10 Grammy nods:
“I still haven’t really digested it yet,” Beyoncé says. The Grammy nominations were announced Dec. 2, two days before her spouse and fellow pop icon Jay-Z turned 40. “I was focused so much on my husband’s birthday — I threw a big party — that I didn’t really think about it. But it’s really an honor.”
What's on the menu during her break:
In the spring, the singer launched the I Am … Tour, which took her to 110 cities around the world. Despite her hectic schedule, Beyoncé was determined “not to just perform and stay in the hotel. I visited the pyramids in Egypt. I saw the Great Wall of China and went out in the middle of the ocean in Australia to see the whales. I actually got sprayed in the face. I made some great memories this year and really learned to enjoy life.”
So much so that “when I got home, I wrote out a contract with myself. I made a list of everything I want to do that has nothing to do with music. Well, some of it does. But I promised myself that I would not go back on tour or in the studio until I finished these things.”
The to-do list consists of “random things. I want to go to restaurants, maybe take a class, see some movies and Broadway shows.” (Beyoncé says she would love to do a stage musical, eventually.) She’s also keen to spend more time with her 5-year-old nephew, Daniel, whose mom is Beyoncé’s younger sister, Solange, 23. “He’s a wonderful kid, amazing, so smart. And I spoil him, so it’s a lot of work. He’s a 24-hour job.”



I do think it's about time for her to let another young Black singer have some shine.  Perhaps in these months that she's on break, we can get a chance to see some fresh talent that was otherwise blocked by Beyonce's extra bright spotlight *cough*whereyouatJazminSullivan*cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment